Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wake up call

I found out this morning that one of my former students, a 16 year old girl named Kalyenn, has lukemia. Her Chemo started today. From what I am hearing, it is in an early stage and should be fully treatable.

This was a rude awakening. Life is short. Our pastor this past Sunday talked about the end times and what we are doing to grow the kingdom. I truly believe that she will make a full recovery, but what about all the other people in my life? What excuses have I made for not sharing the Gospel with them?

Please join me in praying for Kalyenn. Also, please pray for me as I become more active in sharing my faith. God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. I will add her to my ever-growing prayer list. So sad to see this in the life of a young girl. But greater sadness is the ones who don't know Jesus yet. Yes, I believe time is short. We must be about our Father's business.

    ReplyDelete